17-year old forward José Gomes has been thrust into the limelight this week after a minor injury crisis led to his first senior call-up by Rui Vitória. So just who is he?
1) José "Zé" Gomes was born in Bissau, the capital city of Guinea-Bissau, on April 8th 1999.
2) He is a right-footed centre-forward, who occasionally plays on the wing.
3) Gomes is 1.78 metres (5 feet and 10 inches) tall.
4) He impressed in a youth tournament in Portugal in 2011, and joined Benfica a year later, at the age of 13.
5) Gomes scored 25 goals in his first season at Benfica's academy, and 22 during his second, in just 17 games.
6) He signed his first professional contract in April 2015, alongside Diogo Gonçalves and João Carvalho.
7) Last season, Gomes netted 7 times in 5 games in the UEFA Youth League.
8) This is Gomes' first season playing for Benfica B. He has made four appearances in the Segunda Liga, scoring once, against Vizela. He wears the number 70 shirt for Benfica B.
9) The young forward has represented Portugal at under-15, under-16 and under-17 level. He has scored an impressive 19 goals in 28 games for Portugal under-17s.
10) This summer, Portugal under-17s won the European Championships in Azerbaijan. With 7 goals in 6 matches, Gomes finished as the top goalscorer and player of the tournament.